BFC was contracted directly by the bank to support the development and expansion of efficient and customer oriented MSE lending operations in Bank Republic as a follow up to its 15 months participation within the framework of EBRD’s Small Enterprise Lending Programme. The consulting services provided by BFC ranged from staff training and the optimization of procedures to increasing profitability through cross selling.
During this assignment BFC has supported the bank in:
- Further strengthening the skill base of bank staff on all levels and adjusting the existing incentive system;
- Recruiting additional personnel for new outlets;
- Fostering the continued growth of a high quality MSE loan portfolio;
- Enhancing cross-selling of bank services to MSEs;
- Facilitating the introduction of a new organizational structure;
- Participating in the credit committee for loans to MSEs as a voting member.