The primary goal of the assignment was to demonstrate the practical usage and impact of key approaches for achieving commercially viable and customer oriented micro-credit operations.
The technical assistance provided by BFC’s experts consisted of three main components:
- piloting of a loan product for urban microenterprises;
- demonstration of core features of lending policies and procedures;
- training of loan officers and managers.
As part of this assignment BFC supported PSBC in:
- Developing and guiding the launch of a new collateral-free product for urban microenterprises with a maximum loan amount of RMB 50,000 (approximately USD 1,300);
- Conducting a three-day seminar for 13 loan officers and managers of PSBC on financial analysis of microenterprises;
- Developing and Introducing policies and procedures for microlending in the areas of marketing, credit analysis, monitoring, and collections;
- Providing day-to-day training to loan officers by participating in interviews with clients and analyzing their businesses;
- Providing recommendations to PSBC on further development of the microlending program and to GTZ on future cooperation with PSBC.