BEPS II is carried out to get a better understanding of the current state of the banking system by means of a survey conducted in 31 countries, covering approximately 872 banks. The survey will provide a detailed snapshot of the region’s banking sectors before and after the crisis.
BEPS II aims to achieve the following objectives:
- To provide feedback from banks on the state of the banking system in EBRD countries of operation
- To provide banking sector indicators that are comparable across countries
- To assess the constraints to bank lending growth and bank performance
- To build a panel of bank data that will make it possible to analyse the changes in the banking sector over time
- To develop a comprehensive dataset of geo-coordinates of the location of all bank branches and subsidiaries in EBRD countries of operation