SELP III focused on further improving lending efficiency, building partner banks’ institutional capacity, and supporting regional expansion.
BFC and Bankakademie (today Frankfurt School of Finance and Management) have made SELP a success by:
- Working with three Georgian partner banks to enable them to provide profitable microfinance services;
- Achieving continuous portfolio growth in existing outlets while maintaining its quality;
- Broadening and deepening outreach;
- Improving lending efficiency by increasing loan officer productivity;
- Supporting regional expansion;
- Building institutional capacity: improved human resource management and strengthened MIS.
|Indicator||May 2005||Dec. 2006|
|Portfolio size (USD, million)||18.67||92.96|
|Portfolio at risk (%)||1.9||1.1|
|Loan officer productivity*||11.5||17.1|