BFC’s Georgia Micro Finance Feasibility Study 2003 provided an in-depth analysis of past and present developments in Georgia’s microfinance industry. It identified future trends and gave recommendations to guide the donor’s future investment strategy. BFC’s client praised the study for its high quality and attention to detail, and subsequently selected BFC to carry out the Pakistan Financial Sector Study.
Information was gathered through secondary research, stakeholder interviews and demand-measuring surveys.
BFC ensured that the study met the highest standards by:
- Analyzing supply and demand on a region-by-region basis;
- Examining differences between rural and urban economies;
- Interviewing the senior management of all microfinance suppliers;
- Evaluating the extent and parameters of financial and technical input required from foreign donors;
- Identifying optimal future investment strategies for donors.