This research project has assessed the agricultural finance supply and identified demand patterns across the whole range of financial services and target groups in Ukraine.
Specific attention was dedicated to the analysis of agricultural production systems and supply chains. BFC consultants have performed demand and supply side research, the results of which have enabled them to:
- Identify financing schemes and products that EFSE should consider supporting including relevant success factors
- Assess risk of agricultural lending schemes and techniques to manage them
- Recommend changes to the legal collateral policy enforcement
- Investigate existing internal value chain financing schemes that need additional external funding to boost the existing value chain
- Identify the role of non-banking financial institutions
- Review existing informal financial schemes and institutional arrangements within high potential for agricultural value/supply chains