BFC and Bankakademie (today Frankfurt School of Finance and Management) have made SELP (Small Enterprise Lending Programme) a success by:
- Achieving continuous portfolio growth in existing outlets of two partner banks while maintaining its quality;
- Greatly improving staff productivity through training;
- Training the middle management of partner banks;
- Providing strategic advice to top management;
- Increasing the number of micro-lending outlets from six to fifteen;
- Launching an innovative agricultural product pilot project.
Within a year, BFC and Bankakademie guided an expansion from six to fifteen outlets, and raised loan officer productivity by a further 50%. Since BFC together with Bankakademie took over SELP, portfolio size has grown at an annual rate of 189%.
|Indicator||Aug. 2003||May 2005|
|Portfolio size (USD)||2.71 mln||18.67 mln|
|Portfolio at risk (%)||1.4||1.9|
|Loan officer productivity*||6.6||11.5|