BFC’s project enabled the bank to set up competitive microlending operations, using innovative approaches in organizational structure set-up, credit risk-management and staff training.
The technical assistance provided by BFC included:
- Increasing efficiency of microloans processing by setting centralized loan approval unit—175% faster
- Setting on-going staff training and monitoring system by implementing specialized training function—73 staff members trained
- Introducing automation of microlending operations, including electronic database of clients and affiliated persons, by implementing of BFC’s Master APS software,
- Developing and implementing credit scoring system
- Diversifying microloans delivery channels, involving both micro and retail loan officers in microloan disbursals
- Speeding up expansion of microlending operations in Liberty bank branches