BFC consulted two local banks in setting sustainable and profitable microlending operations. One bank successfully graduated from the programme on March 2008.
The assignment involved:
- Establishment of dedicated MSE lending departments at selected partner banks;
- Provision of full training to more than 150 lending staff, predominantly loan officers;
- Development of a broad range of profitable MSE loan products;
- Establishment of efficient MSE lending procedures;
- Development and implementation of tailor-made credit scoring system;
- Designing and setting up strong internal audit functions and management information system.